ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Using GPO to run logon script

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 4:58am
You are correct about the <All> setting - my apologies, I forgot about EnumSIDs.vbs. I suggest you try running your EnumSIDs.vbs directly (outside of a GPO) with some MsgBox commands to see what it is doing, because it didn't run correctly in the above log.

You are wrong about <ForceJoin> It means excatly that: force the machine to join the domain - even if it is joined.
hsofteng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hsofteng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 6:20am
OK, so I changed the <forcejoin> to false and changed the commands the vbs file was sending to the profwiz.config file which I hadn't realised it was sending..
and the log file now says this..

Creating migration service... Done.
Starting migration service... Done.
Machine is not joined to the KILCO domain.
Migration Complete!

Excellent I thought - job done, however I've still only got the old users - I must still be missing something. Do I need to allow it to copyprofiles?
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 6:55am
No profiles are being migrated. You need to debug the migration script to find out why it is not calling Profwiz.exe to migrate any profiles.
hsofteng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hsofteng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 6:58am
I didn't think it was calling the migration script at all anymore as it is calling the enumSIDs script instead which did run profwiz.exe but I'm not sure if profwiz calls the .config file?
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 10:38am
The enumSIDs script is the migration script. It is the script that calls Profwiz.exe to migrate the profiles.

I've checked and you have maintenance and support. You can email us directly at support@forensit.com. Please send your migration files (rename them with a .txt extension) and we can take a look.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic