ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Desktop Management
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Copy profiles between computers?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Copy profiles between computers?
    Posted: 15 Aug 2014 at 2:12pm
I'm just getting started here with Profile Manager 2.6.  I've figured out (I hope) how to use it on a single computer.  I now want to deploy it in a computer lab that has 16 computers.  I'd like to be able to create a local profile on one computer, flesh out the profile, assign it to a group, and then copy that profile to each of the lab computers.  The User guide for Profile Manager 2.6 does not offer a method to do this, and I don't see any other forum entries relevant.

I do not want to use roaming profiles, even though we are operating the computers on a domain.  The roaming overhead is just too high.

g
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2014 at 4:06am
Unfortunately User Profile Manager does not have the ability to copy profiles to remote computers. But thanks for the suggestion!

Many people use User Profile Manager to create a set up which they then use to image multiple machines.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic