ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Move Computer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Transwiz.exe crashing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edenkers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transwiz.exe crashing
    Posted: 03 Jun 2008 at 2:10pm

After we get to screen that shows Status of Preparing transfer file...  The application crashes.

Error message displays:

Transwiz.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.

Please tell Microsoft about this problem.  NukeWhy should I?  Did they write this program? 
We have created an error report that you can send to us.  We will treat this report as confidential and anonymous.

To see what data this error report contains, click here.

Here is the information that is displayed when I click here...

Error signature
AppName: transwiz.exe        AppVer: 1.0.0.0     ModName: transwiz.exe
ModVer: 1.0.0.0      Offset: 00040255

Then there is something about "Reporting Details"  blah blah blah.

I have tried this application on a different computer and it runs okay.  Don't know what could be causing this and any help is appreciated.

Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2008 at 4:21am
Hi,

I'm sorry that you've had a problem. Unfortunately, it is not going to be easy to find out what's gone wrong; this is not something we're aware of.

Does Transwiz get to the point of asking you for a password? Also, where are you creating the transfer file - is it just on the local harddrive, or are you writing to a CD?
edenkers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edenkers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2008 at 7:40am
It does ask for the password.  I choose not to use one at this time and click on cancel.

The progress seems to start, but after about 60 - 90 seconds, I get the message that I described in the post.

The transfer file is being created on the D: partition of the local disk.
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2008 at 8:44am
Ok. Thanks. It is likely then, that the zip engine is crashing when it is trying to pack a particular file. It could be that the file is corrupt.

We are looking to update the zip engine - and make the process more robust - in the next build.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic