Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Temporary Profile when using one-click migration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ahutton View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ahutton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Temporary Profile when using one-click migration
    Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 4:46pm
I'm preparing for a domain migration on 80 or so PCs and a couple of terminal servers.

When I step through the migration manually it seems to work fine. I get my profile moved over, etc. While this is OK I would like to automate it and make adjustments like renaming the computer.

But when I attempt the one-click option, I get no errors in the .log file, but when I attempt to log in I get a temporary profile.
The event log error is Event ID 1511: "Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile. Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off."
And
Event ID 1515: "Windows has backed up this user profile. Windows will automatically try to use the backup profile the next time this user logs on."

I am also seeing 'registry file still in use' event 1530 and 'Windows cannot delete the profile directory c:\users\temp' event 1533.

Thanks for any advice. Stepping through it manually is still not a bad idea but I would like to do the system renaming at the same time as well.

--Aaron
 Post Reply Post Reply