ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Desktop Management
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problems with DefProf

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CFHB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problems with DefProf
    Posted: 05 Dec 2014 at 11:16am
We are in the process of moving from a Novell eDirectory to Microsoft Active Directory environment. In our current environment, computers are split about 50/50 between Windows XP and Windows 7 (we are working on upgrading to Windows 7 throughout). All users of Windows XP currently sign on as a single profile, "pcuser", regardless of how many real people actually sign on to the PC.

I really have/had high hopes for this. When it works, it woks beautifully. But, I seem to be getting errors on about 50% of the PC's I run it on.

Two of the most recent ones:

Updating default profile...
Cannot copy C:\Documents and Settings\pcuser\Application Data. Error 206
The filename or extension is too long.

Updating default profile...
Cannot copy C:\Documents and Settings\pcuser\Favorites. Error 5
Access is denied.

I have no idea what is wrong with either one. For the second one, the Favorites folder copies fine manually. I have double-checked permissions, and they are correct.

Any help/insight would be very much appreciated.

On another note, is there any way to automate or push this out to other PC's, similar to ProfBat? Or possibly log problems? If I had a log, I would know which PC's were successful, and which needed attention.

Edited by CFHB - 05 Dec 2014 at 11:18am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic