ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Unable to join using pre generated computer acct
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unable to join using pre generated computer acct

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zsolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unable to join using pre generated computer acct
    Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 8:19pm
I am trying to migrate machines using the Enterprise version of Profile Wizard 3.7.1190.

I am using the <MachineLookupFile> option. The problem seems to be that profwiz is trying to create an account on the domain. Unfortunately I have to work with pre-created computer accounts.

Is there a way to have profwiz join the domain to an existing computer account on the new domain?

My understanding is that by default profwiz creates a computer account on the new domain using the old name, and then it renames the old name to the new name.

Or if I'm using the <ProtocolPriority>LDAP option it creates the new account. But it doesn't seem to just want to join an already existing account.

I'm getting "Error 0x80071392. The object already exists." or "Error 0x8007202f. A constraint violation occurred."
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 3:39am
Hi,

Your are quite right about how the joining process works. To use an existing Computer account, set the <ProtocolPriority> value to LDAP and specify the OU of the existing computer account object in the <ADsPath> value in Profwiz.config.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic