ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Move Computer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ability to rename profile

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kastler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ability to rename profile
    Posted: 14 Feb 2007 at 8:11pm

First thank you for a great product.  It saved my butt by allowing me to migrate users from one domain to another.  When I originally tried copying the profile with the MS profile manager after I joined the new domain, the old profile only said "Account Unknown", and the "Copy To" button was greyed out. 

My only request would be to build in profile renaming, as in my case the "from" profile folder name is the old username, and when I migrate we have a totally new username structure.  Just looks messy if you actually browse the Documents and Settings folder.

Iwas just trying the tool first, but I could use this tool for many more projects.  I will be happy to purchase!

Thanks
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2007 at 9:18pm
Hi,

Thanks for your comments - they are much appreciated Smile

We have considered adding the option of renaming the profile. However, there are two things to consider. Firstly, some older applications may have a problem with the profile path being changed. Secondly, if a profile is being shared between different accounts, what would you rename it?

We certainly don't rule out adding this functionality in future versions.
kastler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kastler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2007 at 3:33pm
Thanks.  At least the option with a disclaimer would be very beneficial.

Cheers.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic