FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Attached to a unavailable profile

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Attached to a unavailable profile
    Posted: 01 Aug 2008 at 10:25am
Hi,

You've posted your question in the "Move Computer" section. Did you use Transwiz.exe to backup and restore a profile, or did you use our domian migration tool, Profwiz.exe to migrate the profile? Sounds like you might have used Profwiz.exe...

You should still be able to logon with a local account - unless you chose to delete or disable the account when you ran the migration. What you might not see is the original profile when you logon: so your "My Documents", etc will not be visible. However, the profile should still be on the machine. What you need to do is run the Wizard again and choose "Show Unassigned Profiles" on the "Select a User Profile" page. You can then assign the original profile back to whichever account you want.

Jaybee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2008 at 9:49am
I attached a server username to a profile that was being used locally on the computer.  However that username was not on the server.    So I went back to create the username on the server.  then I attach the server username to the local profile.  But I recieved an error message saying the local profile can not be found.  Now, I cannot login to that local profile back to correct it.  Matter of fact I cannot log into the computer at all, locally.  The only account available on that computer is the server accounts. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic