ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Desktop Management
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DefProf and Windows 10?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harrismail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DefProf and Windows 10?
    Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 11:18am
Hi there, I've been using DefProf for ages now and it works well for me on Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 but will it work on Windows 10 or is it too soon to say?

If it doesn't will there be a tweak to make it work with Windows 10 (I've got my fingers well and truly crossed)

Steve
iFutures View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iFutures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 3:44am
Hi Steve,

Too soon to say

We will make any tweaks after Windows 10 is released - if any are needed.

harrismail View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harrismail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 3:49am
Thanks - that was the answer I was hoping for Wink
harrismail View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harrismail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 5:51am
Hi again,

I've just tried the latest Defprof 1.9.0.0 on a clean Windows 10 Home x64 PC and although it surprised me by saying:-

"Defprof wants to install the Forensit AppX Management Service to manage Windows Store Apps for the default profile. Is this OK Y/N"

I accepted this and after a minute the default profile (which was in use) was updated. I then created a new user and almost all of the settings were kept from the updated "default" to the new user.

This is very good news but I guess you guys will tweak it a little bit to make sure there are no surprises in store?

Regards Steve
DominikP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DominikP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 11:15am
Hi, I´ve tested today with Windows 10 Enterprise x64 (Build 10240) and DefProf Version 1.9.

I used the the additional switches /NoAppx and /DeleteAppxService.

The only problem I´ve recognized:

Win + X doesn´t function, also a right-click on the Start Button doesn´t show the Menu.

The Normal Start Menu is a little bit empty, but that´s what I wanted.

To solve this issue, I´ve copied the 3 subfolders from:

C:\Users\"CopiedUser"\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WinX

to the actual User and a reboot later everything was fine.

Regards
Dominik
EnotsIT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnotsIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2015 at 5:53pm
Any update on this? We are starting to get some Windows 10 machines in for clients and I am researching what it will take to have my own "default profile." With Windows 7 I used DefProf with great success.
galbanis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote galbanis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 12:04pm
Would like to see it updated for Windows 10 as well. Been a real time saver and a great tool.
mjcurtis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjcurtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 6:39pm
We tried this today and the result was that the Taskbar items were updated in the new user but the start menu was blank except for the Settings tile
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2016 at 3:54pm
Hi,
I tried the tool with Win10 and it works!
I have removed a lot of Apps in my "setup"-Profile, but after running defprof and logging on with a new User, all the Apps were automatically reinstalled!
How can I prevent this?
djhans
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2016 at 5:34am
Hi Everyone,

DefProf 1.10, with support for Windows 10, is now available for download.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic