ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Desktop Management
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

figuring out profile corruption

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datatoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: figuring out profile corruption
    Posted: 23 Aug 2008 at 7:03pm
This isn't a problem with your product, just a question regarding best practice.

What recommendations can you give regarding troubleshooting what is causing corrupt profiles.
I have had continued creation of new user profiles.
I suspected the My documents folder size and have some user profiles getting to 5 and 8 gb in size.
Unfortunately the failure to load a corrupt profiles consumes even more space, and eventually I had 6-8 extra profiles laying around.
You helped me get up and running, but I also want to prevent a profile corruption.
 I have scanned for disk problems (nothing) and moved as much as possible out of My Documents

What else would you do?

Have to thank you for the great product. Saved me tons of time.

Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2008 at 9:49am

Hi,

The first thing we would do would be to check the event log on the machine. If a profile is not being loaded there should be an error recorded. The problem may be the result of a registry issue, rather than a file issue.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic