ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Domain Migration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllenMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Domain Migration
    Posted: 28 Aug 2008 at 9:44pm
I could use a little help please as I am confused.

I am an IT Consultant.  I have a project for a client to migrate a small Small Business Server 2003 network to a new server (also SBS 2003).

I downloaded ProfWiz.zip (v2.5) and the documentation.  The documentation talks about a setup program to run on a single adminstrator computer.  I do not see a setup program.  It also talks about profwiz.exe (which I do have) and profwiz.exe.manifest (which I do not have).

Okay - I just read that when I purchase the User Profile Wizard I will be sent a link to the manifest file.

I'm just unclear about what I need to do.  Does what I have give me the tools to migrate my 8 workstations to a new server?  Should I purchase the license?  I see you have a minimum license purchase of 25.  How do these get used up?  I need about 8 for this project.  Do I use 8 out of 25 and have 17 left for another client?

Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2008 at 5:22am
Hi,

There are two versions of User Profile Wizard - the Personal Edition which you can download for free, and the Corporate Edition. The Personal Edition is a standalone product: you just run Profwiz.exe on the machine you want to migrate. The Corporate Edition has a setup file which installs additional software, like the "Deployment Kit" used for creating automated migration scripts.

The Personal Edition of User Profile Wizard gives you everything you need to migrate a machine. However, as a Consultant, you are not licensed to run the Personal Edition of the Wizard on your client's machines: you need to purchase a license for each computer on which the software is run.

You are welcome purchase a pool of licenses and use them with different clients and include the cost in your fee. All we ask is that you purchase a license for each machine you use the software on.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic