FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windows 10 Issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 12:06pm
We responded to your email. Please check your junk mail folder.
pfurrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfurrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 7:49am
Two days ago (November 15, 2017) we purchased Tranzwiz Pro version 1.11.1081.

Yesterday, I used Tranzwiz to copy over four user profiles from one computer to another, one at a time, using no compression. The transfer went fine. Then was able to import those profiles to the new computer, which again seemed to go fine.

The first computer is running Windows 7 Professional. The new computer is running Windows 10 version 1703. Both machines are in the same domain.

After importing the users, we logged in to two of the users whose profiles were moved to that computer. The first thing we tried to do was to click the start menu, but it won’t work for either user.

A third user was tested, and his account *did* have a working start button. When importing his account, his was the only one set to default.

Today I removed all four of the profiles from the target computer. With no profiles loaded, I logged on with the same account which had worked with the start menu, but at this point the profile was being created from the default profile (which had previously been customized prior to sysprepping and imaging the computer). With that done, the computer was restarted, and the data for this user which had been saved with Transwiz was then imported and merged with the existing profile. In this case, the start menu did not work. I also did a quick-check of Chrome; found that none of the Chrome bookmarks were in this merged profile (the user has a lot of them).

Then I removed this profile (again), and re-imported the user profile (this time, without merging with an existing profile). Chrome bookmarks were all there this time and the start menu is working (for this user).

The start menu problem seems to be erratic, and the majority of my tests show that the start menu isn't working after the profile import.

Also, when the start button doesn't work (neither clicking on it with the cursor nor using the Windows key on the keyboard), I also found that right-clicking on a taskbar icon produces not action. Was trying to get a context menu for Windows Explorer, but Windows wouldn't do it if the start menu button was non-functional.

Just after noon yesterday I sent an email to ForensiT support with a request for help. No response yet.

Edited by pfurrie - 17 Nov 2017 at 7:54am
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 8:35am
Transwiz 1.11 has now been released and is available on the Downloads page.

Thank you to everyone to provided feedback, and especially those who provided transfer files for us to test. We are very grateful.

Edited by Support - 09 Jul 2017 at 9:24am
omarf1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omarf1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 10:14am
Thank you very much for the beta version you provided me with.
I wasn't sure if I needed to redo the trans file with the test version so I did.
And restoration with the new build did go well without Start menu issue.

Tested it on the 2 migrations mentioned above (vista to W10 pro and W10 pro to W10 pro).

Thank you again
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 3:21am
We are currently testing an updated build of Transwiz. If you would like to be involved in the testing, please email support@ForensiT.com
omarf1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omarf1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 11:13am
This thread is indeed quite old, but just to let you know that with the latest version of Transwiz, I still have the same issue described here with Start menu broken and event ID 1000 logged in windows Application log.

I love this tool but this is just a bloking point for me.
I have experienced the exact same behavior on a migration from Windows Vista to Windows 10
and Windows 10 pro to Windows 10 pro...

only common points : 2 domain user profiles.

Hope this would help.
Happy to provide logs or test beta to check if problem has been fixed.

Thanks for any help I can get.
jeremyhx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeremyhx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 3:29am
I know this is an old thread, but I've just run into this same problem.

I used Transwiz to migrate several user profiles across from an existing machine to a new fresh install. Both installs were on the Windows 10 Creator's Update.

After migration, the start menu / action centre / metro apps / File explorer were not working. Using procmon I could see many 'ACCESS DENIED' registry errors (possibly file errors too, sorry can't remember). I also had plenty of failures logged in Migrate-AppxPackage.log

From my past Windows 10 travels I had used 'Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Free'. I happily can report that the tool was able to fix the correct permissions so that the start menu, etc. all started working (almost immediately, no reboot needed).

Unfortunately I do not know exactly which options were responsible for actually solving the problem - I simply left all the default repair options selected. My guess is that it was '01 - Reset Registry Permissions', '02 - Reset File Permissions' and '28.01 - Repair Windows 8 / 10 App Store' that fixed it.

Thanks again for Transwiz, it has saved me lots of time.
omeri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omeri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2016 at 5:30am
Sorry, I assumed that if here is a topic about that then I'm not the only one.

Log file has lots of failed entry's like "8.06.2016 10:58:00 Package registration fails: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00_14.0.22929.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Appxmanifest.xml"

As this doesn't give any reason why registration fails I'd like to ask if you have any ideas why this is happening but with PowerShell command I can reinstall app's succesfully?
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2016 at 4:02am
Hi Olari,

I am very sorry that you have had a problem. However, you cannot assume that just because you have had a problem everyone else does too. The thousands of people who use Transwiz successfully don’t post on this forum to say everything went fine! By its very nature, the only people you hear from on a support forum are people who need support.

The ”C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Packages” folder is populated when apps are registered for that individual user on that machine. Transwiz absolutely does (re)install apps for the user. (This is what you see when you sign-in for the first time and you see “Updating Store Apps 5 of 64”. etc.) If the apps are missing or do not work, then something went wrong: check to see if there is a C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\ForensiT\Migrate-AppxPackage.log file.
omeri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omeri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2016 at 8:18am
Hello

Transfer Wizard 1.10.1075 has same result. As Transfer Wizard doesn't reinstall Windows app's "C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Packages" directory stays almost empty and reinstall must be done manually (user must be administrator) - run Powershell as administrator and execute command: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}.

Maybe ForensIt team can do something that it's included in their programs.

Edited by Support - 28 Jul 2016 at 2:43am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic