ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Desktop Management
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UPM Profile Assignment Best Practice?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eprowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UPM Profile Assignment Best Practice?
    Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 11:22am
What is the best practice for creating a default profile using UPM.  Here are the two scenarios I envision and I'm wondering if one is preferred over another.

1 - Install Windows, configure a local administrator (UN: User), join the domain, immediately install UPM and assign the User profile to "Authenticated Users".  Install all software and perform all workstation/profile modifications using the User account.  Then deploy using Ghost or similar imaging technology.

2 - The same scenario as above except instead of installing UPM immediately you install it LAST and assign the User profile to "Authenticated Users" as the last step before capturing your workstation image.

Is one of these methods preferred over another?  Or should I be doing this using a completely different method?
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 4:01am
I don't think there is a right answer - it's whatever works best for you. We generally assign the profile after all the software has been installed, and the profile setup.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic