ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Desktop Management
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Computer inaccessible after evaluation expired

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PissedOff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Computer inaccessible after evaluation expired
    Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 6:16pm
Hello,

I installed the profile manager to migrate a local profile to a domain profile. I just started my laptop to find an "Evaluation Expired" message and now I can't access the start menu, settings, programs features, explorer. I can access the web browser and that's about it. When I try to open explorer it tells me I don't have access to Explorer.exe...

I can't uninstall your app and I can't even get to it to upgrade the damn thing to a full version.

What the hell?
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 3:53am
Firstly, you used the wrong software. User Profile Manager is not a profile migration tool. You should have used User Profile Wizard; the Personal Edition of User Profile Wizard is Freeware, not an evaluation.

You say that you migrated from a local profile to a domain profile, so if you have a problem with your profile you have the option of signing-in with another domain account to uninstall User Profile Manager.

You will probably need to run User Profile Wizard to reassign the profile to your domain account, once User Profile Manager is uninstalled.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic