ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Win10 - Sticky Notes lost after migration?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmont1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Win10 - Sticky Notes lost after migration?
    Posted: 22 May 2017 at 10:03am
I had sticky notes on my desktop prior to the migration. After I ran profwiz and rebooted the sticky notes are gone and there is no files in the old or new Sticky notes locations.

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Sticky Notes\
or
\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes_8wekyb3d8bbwe

Anyone have any suggestions for recoving these sticky notes?

Thanks.

KM
palkia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palkia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 11:49am
We had that problem, too. When the Windows 10 Creator Update ran later, it fixed the sticky notes somehow!
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 2:50am
There are two different issues here. Firstly, Sticky Notes not working at all, i.e. the App does not open, and secondly the information on the Sticky Notes being lost after the profile is migrated.

Sticky Notes is now a UWP (Universal Windows Platform) App. UWP Apps must be registered for each individual user. When a UWP App is registered, any existing data is wiped.

We are currently working on the migration of UWP App data for a future version of User Profile Wizard.
brianl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 6:20pm
Hi, I was wondering if there was an update to this.

I stumbled upon this post while testing the ProfWiz tool by transferring my own account. While the tool worked splendidly, I did lose all my previous Sticky Notes, and the contents within. While the application still works, when transferring from a Win10 profile to a new domain, it seems that all data is wiped per Support's message.

Is there any way to retrieve this data? When the data is deleted during migration due to UWP App being registered, is it saved anywhere that is retrievable?

Thanks.
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 2:58am
As far as we know the files are deleted and the data is permanently lost.
brianl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 2:40pm
Thanks for the update. Are there any other UWP programs that may be wiped that I should be aware of so I can make a backup ready?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic