ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skip profiles not in target domain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skip profiles not in target domain
    Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 7:30pm
As the subject suggest, I'm after the best way to skip the migration of profiles that don't exist on the target domain.

All the users that we would like to migrate already have the same user ID in the source and target domains so this should not be a problem. However, there are some generic accounts in the source domain that we would like to skip as they don't exist in the target domain.

Is there a switch or parameter in the config file that needs to be added/changed to do this?

Our experience is that when migrating all profile the migration fails if it encounters a profile that does not exist in the target domain even if there is at lease on profile which does exist.

Thanks,
John.
micheals View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micheals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 10:06am
Yes, I'm having this same issue. Each workstation my have a number of different profiles so I can't just exclude a standard list.

It is also causing my domain move to fail
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic