ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Desktop Management
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DefProf Win10 Pro app default was reset

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmallard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DefProf Win10 Pro app default was reset
    Posted: 22 Aug 2017 at 12:19pm
On Windows 10 Pro, I created a local user, "customize", and configured all of the settings we desired, including a number of app defaults that were changed, such as Firefox instead of Edge.

Then, as admin, I ran:

defprof customize

It asked if it could also install ForensiT Appx Management Service, which I allowed.
It reported that it successfully copied to the default profile.

I logged in as a brand-new local user, which seemed to work, but after a minute, Windows began alerting that "An app default was reset: An app cause a problem with the default app setting for XXXX, so it was reset to XXXX"

It kept popping up this alert for all kinds of different settings from browser and bingmaps files to PDFs and HTML files.

It lost all of the application defaults that I had customized.

Any idea how to correct this?
AgentBlue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentBlue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 5:20pm
I have the same issue. Hopefully someone has figured this one out.

The only thing I have found is maybe the ability to set a policy that points to a default app list, but I am not certain if this is applicable to Win 10. I have not tried it because I think the list is applied on every login and I want some associations to change when certain software is installed i.e. outlook.

This article explains how to create the list
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh825038.aspx

This is the policy that can be used to point to the list.
(Administrative Templates\Windows Components\File Explorer\Set a default associations configuration file setting)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic