Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedOutlook not working after migration

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
bevege View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 2:30pm
So I finally figured this out. Such a PITA. The reason I couldn't log out of any office app had to do with a previously unknown O365 install. I noticed that none of the New O365 installs were registering on the O365 portal. IE, when I looked at the "Office Installs" for each user they said no installations or whatever. It was odd because they appeared to activate but it said no installations.

This article explains how to fix the problem.

I only had to do steps 1 and 3. I did not do anything in the registry. After all this I could then log out and stay logged out of all Office apps. I did a manual migration and it worked as expected. I also confirmed with Microsoft that this is the recommended method to fix the issue. Didn't want to break anything else.

Now I need to figure out how to map the local profile names to new domain profile names while doing an scripted migration.  I tried but it wasn't working.

Hopefully this will help someone.
jkaufman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 5:58pm
I am having the same issue
PerryW View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 6:07am
John,

Not sure what I am doing wrong but this is not working for me, I renamed that folder and logged back in and I could see that I was signed in but as soon as I tried to connect to OneDrive/SharePoint it asked for credentials and then the password box vanished again.

Am I missing something, I've tried removing all credentials in credential manager but to no avail.

Cheers Perry
bevege View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by Support Support wrote:

In most cases, this problem can be avoided if you sign-out of Office 365 before migrating the profile.

Any ideas how to permanently logout of office apps? When I go into each individual app (excel, word, outlook) it lets me logout but when I open the app again I'm still logged. I tried logging out of each app and then doing the migration outlook doesn't work. All the other apps are fine. Disabling ADAL fixes the issue but who knows what it may break in the future. Creating a new profile doesn't work either.

Any ideas?

Edited by bevege - 27 Jul 2018 at 11:56pm
medicaustik View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by JohnMSP JohnMSP wrote:

Spent ages with this one as part of an Azure AD cloud only to Azure AD / AD hybrid setup.

Disabling ADAL wasn't an option as we use MFA.

We found it wasn't just Outlook broken - none of the Office 365 apps could sign in either.

Ultimately I found the issue: there's a token that needs resetting in the user profile directory.

Rename the folder that starts "Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin" in %appdata%\local\packages\ to something else (you will need to be logged in as another user to do this) and then log out, then in as the user. You should find Outlook and other Office apps now work as expected.

Hope this helps someone - spent an age troubleshooting this one!

John buddy, you're a hero.

This solution worked for me.

Disabling ADAL is not an option in environments that require MFA.
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 4:25am
In most cases, this problem can be avoided if you sign-out of Office 365 before migrating the profile.
JohnMSP View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 3:24am
Spent ages with this one as part of an Azure AD cloud only to Azure AD / AD hybrid setup.

Disabling ADAL wasn't an option as we use MFA.

We found it wasn't just Outlook broken - none of the Office 365 apps could sign in either.

Ultimately I found the issue: there's a token that needs resetting in the user profile directory.

Rename the folder that starts "Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin" in %appdata%\local\packages\ to something else (you will need to be logged in as another user to do this) and then log out, then in as the user. You should find Outlook and other Office apps now work as expected.

Hope this helps someone - spent an age troubleshooting this one!
shivgupta View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 5:34am
To fix your Outlook related issues, you can get some help from this article: https://www.nucleustechnologies.com/blog/top-10-outlook-errors-and-ways-to-fix-them/
leepickersgill View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 2:50am
Hi Was anyone able to resolve this issue?

We have tried a migration today and seeing the same issue with outlook 2016

Edited by leepickersgill - 17 Apr 2018 at 2:56am
AgentBlue View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 1:18pm
Had a somewhat similar issue with Outlook 2013 on Win7/Win10. Connecting to POP mail server no longer works after migrating profiles with the User Profile Wizard Corporate Edition. Our errors were path to pst not valid on some machines which was corrected by pointing it to the new path, and on all machines send/receive would fail to connect. Tried repairing the mail profile and a few other things with no luck, completely deleting the profile from the mail settings in the Windows control panel and recreating it was one way we could correct the issue. Another was "Solution #4" at the link below, which basically has us change the incoming mail folder to a new pst and then back to the original inbox. This works for us an is much quicker than recreating the mail profile from scratch. Of course if anyone knows of a better solution it would be welcome. I have emailed support, but no response yet.

http://expert-advice.org/microsoft-outlook/fix-error-0x8004010f-outlook-data-file-cannot-accessed/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic