ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Desktop Management
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Domain Users

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wildcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Domain Users
    Posted: 08 Jan 2009 at 4:35pm

I am trying to use User Profile Manager to force all Domain Users on a laptop to share one profile.  This works fine on my desktop, but not on any of the laptops I have tried it on.  The same thing also works fine in XP (using the XP version of the software of course).

I have created a profile called VistaUser and I am simply assigning it to Domain Users.  Seems simple, but when I log in a as a domain user it creates a new profile based on the default profile.  If I assign the VistaUser profile to an individual domain user it works fine.  There is no way I could add all of the domain users individually because I have no idea which of our hundreds of faculty members might sign in.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: I am using User_Profile_Manager_1.06.1020b_Vista in Vista Business.

Edited by wildcat - 08 Jan 2009 at 4:39pm
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2009 at 7:28am
Hi,

The reason is that the current beta of User Profile Manager for Windows Vista has expired Unhappy This means that although you can use the User Profile Manager GUI to manage individual profiles, active management of profiles - such as assigning a profile to a member of a group - is now disabled.

The Vista version of User Profile Manager is currently being completely re-written with new features and a new GUI. If you have an urgent need to run User Profile Manager on Vista, please contact support@ForensiT.com

Many Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic