ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Account locked after migration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esquared87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Account locked after migration
    Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 9:03am
I just ran User Profile Wizard (3.12) to migrate a profile from a domain to a local. I selected the "Join Workgroup" option as I have done in the past. Before I ran the tool, I verified that I was able to login to the local Admin account. The migration process completed with no reported errors and performed a reboot following the migration. Unfortunately, after rebooting, the migrated profile did not show up in the Windows Login screen, with only Admin showing as an option to login into. Attempting to login into the Admin profile resulted in a "The referenced account is currently locked out" error. I'm stuck. Is there any way to recover from this apparent corruption? This was the third PC I did this on today (we're shutting down our AD server). The first two went without a glitch.
esquared87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esquared87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 9:48am
I think I solved this. It looks like the migration didn't run properly even though no error was given. I just had to wait 30 minutes for the lock status to expire. then, logged in as Admin and created a NEW account and re-ran the migration. It worked this time. Very strange that the migration corrupted the profile somehow.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic