ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

User Folder Names

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamerica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: User Folder Names
    Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 4:52pm
In a reply to a question on this forum, you write "User Profile Wizard does not move, copy or delete any data. Instead it configures the existing profile “in place” so that it can be used by the user’s new account."

I am just wondering if the wizard renames the C:\Users\XXX folder where the profile is stored. In other words, if I migrate from domain user "ABC" to a workgroup user "XYZ", will the wizard rename the folder "C:\Users\ABC" to C:\Users\XYZ"?

Edited by mamerica - 07 Jan 2018 at 4:53pm
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 1:59am
The Corporate and Professional Editions rename the profile folder; the Freeware Personal Edition does not.
mamerica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamerica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 7:01am
That explains it!
Thank you for the quick reply. I appreciate it very much!
mamerica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamerica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 4:43am
Thanks again! That did the trick. I'm a developer and there were a few things that just were not working correctly after migrating with the free version. For example, we sign our code with digital certificates and we use some third-party components. After using the free version, the compiler couldn't find the licenses and the certificates were invalid. Luckily I made a complete disk image backup before I started. The professional version worked like a treat! My advice to others? It's worth the cost!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic