ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Outlook 2007 issues after migration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.Faggetti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outlook 2007 issues after migration
    Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 7:41pm
I recently performed a migration with the User Profile Wizard from a local user account to a domain account. All laptops are the same model and build, and are running on Win 10 Pro. Outlook 2007 began to crash after it downloaded multiple copies of the same messages on a POP3 account on 3/10 of the laptops I migrated. The company I work for has been running Office 2007 since it came out and have never had this issue. Is it possible that ProfWiz messed up a registry entry during the migration? Has anyone else faced this issue?

*Creating a new .pst and moving folders from old .pst works as a temp fix but it happened again on 1 of the 3 affected laptops.
Mesh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 6:31am
As mentioned, there is a good number of POP accounts in the surroundings which is highly unstable as well. My recommendation would be to get your Mails backed up first. Outlook or system crash can be undone but the mails once lost can't.
You can take help of applications like Mail Backup X that download the Outlook 2007 emails to your system. You can restore them whenever needed quite easily. been working with it from past few months.
for reference: http://www.mailbackupx.com/how-to-scenerios/how-to-backup-outlook-mac-mails-on-mac.html
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic