ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Migrate profiles to a domain with same name and IP
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Migrate profiles to a domain with same name and IP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bereczkii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Migrate profiles to a domain with same name and IP
    Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 12:29pm
Dear All! We are planning to use User Profile Wizard tool as a solution for our project, but first we would like to know that it can be used successfully in our situation. We are upgradeing and rebuilding the server infrastructure of our company and the new system will use the same domain name, same IP addresses, users, shares etc. It means that the new infrastructure will be exatly the same with version updates and naturally both systems can not be online at the same time. So my question is that the wizard is able to migrate the user profiles stored on workstations from local.example.com (which is shutted down) to local.example.com which is just turned online?
Thank you for you support!

Edited by bereczkii - 19 Jan 2018 at 12:30pm
HarFromGermany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarFromGermany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 2:10am
Hello

I can tell from my own experience that this is possible. I have done it several times. 
Make sure that the name resolution works for the new domain.
bereczkii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bereczkii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 4:35am
Thank you Har for your answer! I have just tested the migration and it worked fine! (Win7 Pro SP1, old DC w2k3, new DC w2k16) Even settings related to applications like Skype and Outlook got migrated successfully and Sticky notes are where they should be.    Next test will be a win10 machine.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic