ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Move Computer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ProfWiz local to domain profil

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ProfWiz local to domain profil
    Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 5:51am
Hello guys,

I've been assigned on an Active Directory creation project and I have quite a few computers to work on (only Windows 7).
Users are currently using a admin local account (the same one on every computer) and they soon will all be using a personnal domain user account (referred by name).

Your soft seemed just perfect for my needs BUT I have an issue with it while testing :
it's not migrating data, nor copying it from one profile to another.
What Profwiz is actually doing is more of a redirection of the domain profile path to the old local account.
Can you confirm this information ?

If I'm correct then it will cause a problem when I'll try to setup a Folder redirection Group Policy Object on one of our data servers.
I want to allow users to backup their Desktop + My Document folders on a specific folder on the server, organised by username.
But this will not work because the domain profile is basicaly empty on the client PC.

Did I miss something ? I've been searching for someone to raise this situation but apparently nobody seem to be concerned by it so I'm wondering if I'm not doing something wrong...

Thank you for your support.
Best Regards,
Florian
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 12:57am
User Profile Wizard does not move, copy or delete any data. Instead it configures the existing profile “in place” so that it can be used by the user’s new account. The software does not “redirect” anything.

The original profile becomes the new user’s profile: there is no problem with folder redirection after the migration.

If you are using the Personal Edition, the profile folder will not be renamed: you will need the Professional or Corporate Edition.
Flyfly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 7:33am
Ohhhhh ok !
Thank you for the info I guess it fits my needs then.

Best regards,
Florian
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic