ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Server Essentials 2016

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Server Essentials 2016
    Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 8:28pm
Hi,  I saw the other posts on migrating from SBS previous versions and wanted to know the exact steps.

I will be migrating from SBS 2008 to 2016.
I purchased the corp. edition of ForensiT User profile wizard.

1. Create all the new users on my new server
2. Have a local user account on each PC and know the password.
3. Disjoin each computer from old SBS domain.
4. Connect each computer to new domain by http://connect

Now the question here is when you connect it to the new SBS domain it goes through it's thing and automatically logs in as the new user.

Question is: Should I run User profile wizard as the new domain user or do I log off and run the profile wizard as the local account or the new domain Administrator?

After that it should be all set correct?

Since I have to connect to the new domain with http://connect there is really no reason to use the config file is there?  Or am I missing something.

Thank you

dz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 11:02am
Anyone from ForensiT that can help?
dz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 4:27pm
Why call this a support forum if ForensiT doesn't answer questions?

Just give the software any for free and don't have paid versions.  Then no one will expect any help.

Thanks
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 2:46am
I'm sorry, but we can only answer questions on this forum on a best endeavors basis, when time allows. We have to give priority to customers who have purchased maintenance and support. If you have purchased maintenance and support, you should contact us using the email address provided on the email we sent you when you purchased your software.

If the Essentials Connect Wizard wants to sign you in, use a different account to the one that you want to assign the original profile to. Do not sign-in with the new domain user account you want to use. It then doesn't matter what account you are signed-in with when you run the User Profile Wizard.
dz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 10:54am
Thank you
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic