ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

User account in AD Forest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leif B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: User account in AD Forest
    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 4:36am
Hi all

I have 2 forest A and B. In forest A I have an Exchange 2010 server and users in domain B have their e-mail on this server connected using a Linked user account in domain A to their user account in domain B. We are also using roaming profiles to conenct to Terminal servers

We are planning to move all users in domain B to domain A.
I have done some testing, but I'm not pleased with the results so far.

So what I need to know is:
1. Do I need to define the user account manually in domain A before using "User profile wizard" ?

2. It also seems that the exchange setting is not change, because after the move when starting outlook it isi asked for the password for user account in domain B. So do I need to manually disable the mailbox on the exchange server and connect to the users account in domain A ?

3. The roaming profile seems to be "empty" even if I set it to use the folder the user in domain B had before. So when logging into Terminal servers, I need to set up the profiles setting again an save them before it work. It's this correct or have I missed something ?

Cheers Leif B

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic