ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Local workgroup to Azure AD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote basher81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Local workgroup to Azure AD
    Posted: 21 May 2018 at 9:44am
I have 300 distributed machines around the world that I inherited in a workgroup. Now the company wants centralized mgmt and log in files. Azure AD was a natural choice for this. I am trying to figure out how or if its even possible to use ProfWiz to migrate the local profile data to the new Azure AD profile. I will have an MDM deployed as well, InTune so I can push out the software after the fact. I am looking at the corp license of ProfWiz. Any direction will be greatly appreciated.
basher81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote basher81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 1:42pm
anyone? I have reached out to support too without a response
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 3:37am
It is certainly possible to migrate a local account profile to an Azure AD account. Please see Migrating to an Azure AD Account on page 38 of the User Guide
basher81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote basher81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 8:16am
Thank yo for the reply. I read that section after you pointed that out. However what about scriptiing it post Azure AD join and me pushing down ProWiz using an MDM?
jballard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jballard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 2:37pm
Bumping this to see if anyone has an answer on how to script connecting someone to Azure Active Directory.

Jason
RyanMatrixIT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RyanMatrixIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 4:57am
@Jason

Found this in a reddit, might be of use:

You can create a Windows Provisioning package with your Azure AD details - you can then run:

Add-ProvisioningPackage -Path "MyAzureADJoinPAckage.ppkg" -ForceInstall

We used this with MDT to automatically join computers to Azure AD

How to make a provisioning package: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/provisioning-packages/provisioning-packages

Cheers,
Ryan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic