ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Profbat fails with Access Denied

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jwall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Profbat fails with Access Denied
    Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 9:21am
I am trying to run a domain migration from a central server via the Machines List CSV and Profbat. I created the .config file with the deployment kit and verified that all credentials are correct. I also verified that both the domain I am migrating from and the migrating to are available at the same time from the machines that are being migrated. I still get messages stating that either Access is denied or user name and password is incorrect. I can manually do the migration with the same credentials on a machine by machine basis and if I run profwiz locally on each machine it works. What am I missing?
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 8:46am
User Profile Wizard only uses standard Microsoft File and Printer sharing. File and Printer Sharing must be enabled and the machines must be discoverable. To troubleshoot, try typing \\Computername from Start/Run from another machine and see if it will connect. This is normally all you need.

To run Profbat, you should be signed-in to a machine that is joined to the old domain - preferably with an account that has administrator access to the target machines.

It is also worth remembering that by default, Windows 7 onwards prevents local accounts from accessing administrative shares through the network. To enable administrative shares you have to make a registry change on the target machines:

Hive: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Key: Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
Name: LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy
Data Type: REG_DWORD (32-bit)
Value: 1

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic