Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Error when running VBS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JSantana View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JSantana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Error when running VBS
    Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 1:11pm
Hello,

I recently purchased a professional copy of the software, and I’ve been customizing the scripts that were included (I have backups of the original scripts), and I’m running into an error when I try running transfer_all.vbs:

I'm trying to initiate the transfer_all.vbs from a Win10 machine, with the data being copied up to a network share residing on a Win Server 2016. I tested a network share on the same vlan and ensured I can communicate between the two with an existing 2012r2 box as well. Running the script creates a folder with the host name at the destination, but the folder is empty and then that error appears.

Please let me know if you need a copy of the updated scripts emailed, as I'd rather not post them here with our company info. I sent the same question, with the scripts attached in a zip file, to support@forensit.com, as well as info@forensit.com and haven't received a response yet.
JSantana View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JSantana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 1:37pm
I received a response to this, in case anyone runs into the same issue:

The error occurs because one of the keys under the ProfileList registry key does not evaluate to a user SID. To avoid this just add a On Error Resume Next statement before the call to get the user SID in your Transfer_All.vbs script:

For Each strSubkey In arrSubKeys

    On Error Resume Next
    Set objWmiSID = objWmiService.Get("Win32_SID.SID='" & strSubkey & "'")
 Post Reply Post Reply