ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Move Computer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"This file does not appear to be a valid..."

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
bjgibson2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjgibson2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "This file does not appear to be a valid..."
    Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 8:40am
I am having the same issue with an account, but I'm starting to think it may be because the account is an AD account (local not roaming) and when I prepared the profile for transfer the account was listed as ??\usernamehere instead of AD\usernamehere.
cmartin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 10:18am
I have seen that when something goes wrong. Double check any folder permissions if on a network. Run as Administrator possibly.
gspitman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspitman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 4:24pm
I've tried several times to transfer the same profile. I've tried compression/no compression. I've tried password protected/no password.

EVERY time I make a trans.zip file, it says it was successful, but when I try to open it, I get "The file does not appear to be a valid profile transfer file."

I'm moving the profile from a Win7 to a Win10 machine if that makes a difference. Is there a particular flag that is missing that throws this error? I'm at a loss, and my user is eagerly awaiting his new machine.

Please help! Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic