ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Desktop Management
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Defprof not migrating printers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitelife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Defprof not migrating printers
    Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 12:56pm
Hi all,
I work for a large School District and we use deepfreeze. Our computers on the domains have multiple users so we setup a small default custom default profile (Not Default User) and when each user logs in the default profile gets copied and all settings are retained. When the computer reboots any sign of them being logged in is earased because of the deepfreeze. In windows 7 it was simple. We added everyone to the admin group on the local computer and set the default profile in the registry.
Now move on to Windows 10 which our Management thought was a great idea. We cannot do our Windows 7 steps. We stumbled onto Defprof and we setup our default profile how we like with our network printers. When I run defprof everything works fine except sometimes most printers are not showing up. Occasionally we get half the printers but most times only 1 or 2.
I know I can push the printers out via GPO but this is not the way I want to handle it.
Thanks for any suggestions
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic