ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Preparing to Update Apps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aoakeley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 9:30pm
> Although annoying, the problem is not serious. If you see this, just press Ctrl+Alt+Del and kill the upwpm2.exe process. You should find everything is ok.

That would be good, except you cant bring up the task manager to kill it. CTRL+ALT+DEL works and you can start the task manager, but it starts in the background.

Any other ideas?

PS. The download on the website is 3.14.1236. Where can we get 3.14.1238?
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 6:50am
The Freeware release of build 3.14.1238 is now available on the Downloads page.
Quiltface View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quiltface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 2:41pm
I found that when this happens I ctrl alt del ... sign out sign in as a different user like a local admin and go into windows update settings and pause the updates.   Log out and log back in with the new migrated user and should be ok, if not you might have to reboot after pausing windows updates, i cant remember.   

Once logged in you can go back and un pause the updates and everything should be fine.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic