ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bad file name or Number

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jradford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jradford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bad file name or Number
    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 9:57am
Yes network share. I am kind of wondering if it is a resolution issue since the two domains dont trust each other. I looked in the vbs script on that line and it references the log file variable, so name resolution is probably my culprit. After eliminating typos I was kind of grasping for straws, so I will tackle that and see if that 'resolves' the issue. I may have to use dns names versus netbios names in the log path or even a simple hosts file addition.

If I can run multiples on same pc, that's really helpful, so that sets my mind at ease of eating up my license counts. Very helpful, thank you. I can do trial and error now so thanks.
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 9:50am
It is difficult to troubleshoot scripting issues without having the script... If you have maintenance and support, you should contact support@ForensiT.com.

Are you trying to create a log file on a network share?

You can run the migration as many times as you want on the same machine.

jradford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jradford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 6:00pm
I stepped through the wizard and created a single deployment file called migrateVBT.exe. I placed that in an accessible share. When I run the migration using this executable, just before the workstation reboots, I get a windows scripting host error
Script c:\programdata\ForensIT\migrateVBT.vbs
Line 156
char 2
Error bad file name or number
code 800A0034
Source Microsoft VBScript Runtime error.
After the reboot, the pc is migrated to the new domain, no profiles are migrated, no log is created.
I unjoined the domain, joined back to old domain, checked my work and reran with same error. Curious if that rerun also affects my remaining workstation counts as I only projected 2 additional pc licenses for issues over what I needed when I purchased..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic