ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Move Computer
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - svchost.exe errors after Profwiz local to domain
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

svchost.exe errors after Profwiz local to domain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimotepka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: svchost.exe errors after Profwiz local to domain
    Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 5:52pm
I ran profwiz.msi on a Win 10 Pro computer; Local user account already existed.  Joined the computer to the domain.  I logged in as the "new" domain end user and then logged out.  I did set the domain user as a member of Administrators group on the local PC.  I logged into our domain admin account and ran the profwiz.  Seemed to work fine but when I log into the domain acct I get svchost.exe error message and the profile is super messed up.  Icons in task bar not showing up, start menu does not respond / open on click.  Wondering what approach I should take.  This is also a machine that was upgrade a couple months back from Home to Pro (W10).  Event logs shows lots of Application Error along with some others.
grahamperrin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grahamperrin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 8:03am
Originally posted by jimotepka jimotepka wrote:

… start menu does not respond / open on click.  …

This is reminiscent of http://forum.forensit.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1289
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic