ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Move Computer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windows explorer doesn't run after conversion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steving Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows explorer doesn't run after conversion
    Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 2:05pm
Hello all,

Two of the computers that we converted from Windows 7 to Windows 10 start Windows now with a black screen and do not run Windows explorer. If you run task manager and then run explorer.exe it comes up fine, and ironically, if you disconnect the computer from the network explorer runs fine, but when connected to the domain the computer sits with a black screen and never runs explorer (I have left it sit for more than an hour thinking maybe something needed to time out, but that hasn't worked). Perhaps some of you have had the same experience? I have a registered version of Transwiz and will also be opening a support ticket.

Thanks!

Steve
jeffhesser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffhesser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 2:15pm
Ever since we got our Win10 machines up to 1803 or newer, I have not run in to any of the kind of issues you are describing. When we were in the 1700's the tool was a coin toss going from 7 to 10.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic