ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Move Computer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

First time use questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MO_tech_lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First time use questions
    Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 1:57pm
I have downloaded and am testing the TransWiz software in my domain to copy a Windows10 profile to another Windows 10 PC (same user; same domain). It is taking a long time to zip/create my profile, but that's OK. (I did not select the Fast Pack option.)

My question is: When I use the tool to create the profile on the new PC, should I select to Join Domain (the PC is already joined to the domain) and Set as default logon (more than one user will be using the PC) or do I NOT check those boxes? I would like this transfer to go as smoothly as possible.

Thanks!
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 4:27am
If the target machine is already joined to the domain, Transwiz will recognize that, and will not join the machine to the domain again. So you don't really need to worry.

The default logon setting is up to you. It just means that the user account for the profile you have restored is the one you see after the machine reboots.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic