ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Move Computer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pack file creation issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zahner-it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pack file creation issue
    Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 8:21am
First I am a newbie to Transwiz. I am trying to use it to support moving a shared account to individual accounts. So far I've been able to do 3 moves mostly without issue.
On my 4th computer I'm running into an issue when I try to create the profile transfer zip. I've run it twice, once without compression and once with.
Both times it will make progress and then popup an error about "Error Packing File". "System cannot find the path specified". I'm not sure that it's listed the same file both times, but the end result is that it stops. and I get another popup from ctfmon.exe that says "Unknown Hard Error". I "think" that I had windows explorer open the second time, and I couldn't see the target zip file.

Retrying doesn't do anything and if I abort and cancel out of the program, I'm left with a completely black screen with a white mouse cursor. I'm unable to get task manager to come up using C+A+D, or any other signs of life that I know of. I've hard powered the machine off both times.

When I log back in the target zip file is there. Both times it's been right about the ~2GB file size.

I'm running this on Windows 10. I'm not logged on as the user I'm attempting to migrate. I am logged in with an account with local admin permissions.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 10:25am
The first thing we would do is run chkdsk
zahner-it View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zahner-it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 10:50am
Ok, I'll give that a shot. I have a limited window of time to work with the machines, so I may not get it done today.
zahner-it View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zahner-it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 11:39am
Trying to run ChkDsk wound up messing the computer up. It started then came to a "no hard drive found" message. We were able to reboot and get it working again, but not feeling the chkdsk love right now.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic