ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Move Computer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

User Profiles for Every User Migrated

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brwheat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: User Profiles for Every User Migrated
    Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 11:39am
I used transwiz 1.7 to move a profile, and everything worked great. The only problem is when logging in to the profile, I look in C:\users and there is a user folder for every folder that was migrated. The only contents of the folder is an empty C:\Users\%username%\Appdata\Local\ForensiT\Migrate directory. If I delete it, it recreates when the computer is rebooted.
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 2:50am
You might want to try using the current release of Transwiz, version 1.11 (One-Eleven.) Version 1.7 around 4 years out of date.
brwheat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brwheat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 7:20am
Even with the most current version, I am still having this issue.
brwheat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brwheat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 9:34am
Any ideas on how to stop these folders from recreating every time the computer reboots?
linuxguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linuxguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 3:33pm
HELP!!
I am having the very same issue on multiple machines.
I have a profiles I setup for testing and want removed.

Windows 10 Pro new install.
No domain just a Workgroup network setup
Forensit Build 1.11.1081

I do a standard "Remove" user from the Win10 "Family and other users > Delete All Files" screen and those folders don't get deleted.
If I manually delete them the are recreated on the next login.
Those folders are NOT in the Registry "ProfileList".

For trouble shooting purposes how do I completely remove/uninstall Forensit?
I cannot locate any "Uninstall" options/methods anywhere.

Thank You for your time.....
linuxguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linuxguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 4:02pm
The reason I think it's a Forensit issue as the "Users" folders have these sub folders. Users > [deleted user name] > Appdata > Local > ForensiT > Migrate (No files)
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 2:28am
From an Admin PowerShell console, try:

SC.exe STOP ForensiTAppxService
SC.exe DELETE ForensiTAppxService

linuxguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linuxguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 12:06pm
Hi,

First off Thank You for developing this Utility!! It's GREAT!

You instructions FIXED the folder deletion issue.
In retrospect it makes sense. I'm not sure how you would configure transwiz to not block account folder deletion. Maybe stop it after each session or make it autostart? When I get some time I'll experiment with it.

Thank You for your time and expertise.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic