ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Desktop Management
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Disjoining after using ProfWiz3 issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laroche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Disjoining after using ProfWiz3 issues
    Posted: 10 May 2019 at 1:54pm
I used Profile Wizard 3 on a Win 10 1809 machine on a local profile to set up a domain user to use a new laptop. No matter what options I select when using the tool, if I later disjoin the machine from the domain while logged in as the account we migrated, when Windows reboots it is missing the "Other User" option for logging into a local/different account. It shows the domain account of the user and a password box, but it does not accept any password. We can't log in to rejoin it to the domain. It essentially bricks the machine. The only workaround we've found is if you first switch to the local admin account and disjoin it will be ok, but with many of our users in the field this is not always possible. Is there something I'm doing wrong or a different workaround?

Thanks!

Mark
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 4:44am
Are you sure you used the latest build of User Profile Wizard, build 3.16.1243?

This was an issue in earlier versions of the software, but we are pretty confident we have resolved it.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic