ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mixed Results

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillPeavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mixed Results
    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 2:37pm
I managed to use the Free Personal User Edition to successfully migrate one PC.  Nice!

However, the next PC I tried failed.  Since I was under rather extreme time pressure, I decided to forego further attempts to use ForensiT and migrate manually - which I could do.

I don't have logs and I don't remember the exact nature of the failure. Both PCs were Windows 10 Pro that had been previously upgraded from either Windows 7 Pro or Windows 8 Pro.

The PDC for the old domain had experienced an APPARENT corruption of the Active Directory Database and the available backup was defective.  SO, I had to reload Windows Server 2016 and that took some time. 

It's entirely possible I was careless and sealed my own doom but I don't think so.
My purpose in using ForensiT was to achieve a migration INCLUDING Outlook Profile information.  The OLD DOMAIN and the NEW DOMAIN have the same names.

I wish I could offer some constructive diagnostic information but I've been swamped and was literally stampeded into migrating desktops.  I have no idea that I could recreate the situation.  I merely wanted to offer such observations as I could in hope that others might benefit.

Thanks...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic