ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Desktop Management
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - DefProf customizes the built-in Administrator prof
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DefProf customizes the built-in Administrator prof

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Hammerfest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammerfest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DefProf customizes the built-in Administrator prof
    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 10:10pm
yes, thats what I said...

when you run audit mode the admin account is only temporarily spawned, once you exit audit mode the admin account is deleted, after you run defprof if you jump into audit mode OR you login to administrator account after a user, since its got not existing profile, it uses the template you made with defprof

I have used DefProf since 1803 and this behavior has not changed in windows, maybe you had made/used the admin account beforehand?
taslanpour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taslanpour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 12:09pm
No, this is the built-in Admin account. I customize the image in Audit mode then run Sysprep. But when I apply the image to a new machine, I see the built-in Administrator account is customized. I did not see this behavior before 1903. I'm sure of this because this was my regular practice with all my images since 1607.

All of the user profiles would be customized as usual but the Administrator profile would always remain uncustomized.

Thanks
Hammerfest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammerfest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 12:35am
Question, is the admin account created AFTER running defprof? like in audit mode?

I ask because the behavior you describe is how its always been unless the administrator account already exists.

The way it works is that the profile is copied to the default profile to act as a "template" for an account to use, that includes admin accounts.

IE in my 1803 image, I use audit mode several times to prep the system from image repair/optimization to user setup, when i go back into sysprep after DefProf the admin account since its created after DefProf has been run, will use the new default "template" you have created.

taslanpour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taslanpour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 6:13pm
Hi
I've been using defprof for a year now and I love it!
But ever since the new 1903 build for windows, i'm seeing it customize the built-in Administrator profile as well as the user profiles.

Is there something I need to adjust in the registry or with the admin account to prevent this?

Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic