ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to remove old profile from login screen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SecurityPedant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to remove old profile from login screen
    Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 10:02pm
Hi, I was able to successfully use the personal edition to migrate my Windows 10 laptop over to my new domain. It worked great! However, I still see the old login on the login screen. So I now have two users of the same name. For me that's not really an issue, but I plan on migrating several other laptops and people might be confused.

Is it possible to remove the old login name from the login screen? It's also listed in the "Other Users" section of the System settings. In this screen, I can see the new domain user under "Work or school users", but underneath there is the old profile under "Other users". If I click on this old profile and select remove, I get a warning it will delete all their data. Knowing that Forensit didn't actually move my data, it just did some magic to re-associate it with the domain user, I don't want to remove this old profile from this UI.

Any ideas? Even if I can just hide this old profile from being displayed will help me reduce the chances of confusion on other PCs I plan to migrate.
SecurityPedant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SecurityPedant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 10:06pm
Oh I also forgot to mention, the old account was also a Microsoft Live connected account. So under the "User Accounts" app (stared by typing in 'netplwiz') it shows as user@live.com, Domain is MicrosoftAccount and Group us Users.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic