ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fast User Switching/Other accounts hidden

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote durkops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fast User Switching/Other accounts hidden
    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 3:27pm
Hello,

I have used profwiz to migrate a domain account to a local account, and I believe I still had the "default profile" box checked.   It appears to have disabled fast user switching and it no longer shows the other local accounts on the welcome screen. Is there a way to reverse the 'default profile' option and get those other accounts back on the welcome screen?

I am using windows 10 pro.

PS - i tried to search for the bbs, but couldnt find anything!
mgoeben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgoeben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 1:56am
Hi!

Found the solution to this Problem:

Open regedit
Press Windows+R
Type regedit + enter
Navigate to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList]
You will probably want to right-click on “ProfileList” and click export to save the entire subtree in case something goes wrong.
You will find several subfolders or “keys” named something like “S-1-x-xx…”, open them one at the time
Each should contain at least the three value-sets, “Flags”, “ProfileImagePath” and “State”, some will contain more
Look at the end of ProfileImagePath for the name of the user represented by the key
You will usually have one for each user on the system, and one for each of the three system entries ‘systemprofile’, ‘LocalService’ and ‘NetworkService’
Delete any key (i.e. the whole “S-1-x-xx” folder) that does not contain at least those three values
The welcome screen should now work as expected, showing the avatar for all registered users; enjoy!

Source: https://jonhoo.wordpress.com/2010/06/24/windows-7-login-screen-only-showing-last-logged-on-user-and-other-user/

brucey791 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brucey791 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 3:48pm
Thank you for this! Just saved me! :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic