Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DefProf File Associations Issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Hammerfest View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Hammerfest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DefProf File Associations Issue
    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 12:43am
While creating my master images an issue I have run into since I found DefProf was that upon OOBE and even after with New user creation I am bombarded with windows messages about default application associations being reverted to defaults (IE Firefox as default, photos ect ect ect).

I did/do not change any file/type associations when setting up a user account to DefProf copy, am I missing something?

Bonus question, is the addon it requests to download and install actually required when making an image like I am, or is it more for when its used on a live/in use system? I cant seem to find information on what it does or why its needed

EX steps I take
Install Windows, Jump into Audit mode from OOBE, run Windows 10 Decrapifier, exit Audit mode and boot into OOBE, setup user with the settings and layout I desire, run sysprep, DefProf, then enter OOBE and setup new user to have the template profile I just made, everything goes fine except the 30+ messages about file associations being reset to defaults :/

1803/1809/1903/1909
 Post Reply Post Reply