ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Desktop Management
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Copy profile

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paullaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Copy profile
    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 10:46am
Is there a tool that will copy the profile and leave the existing profile intact? My application is that I have muliple users sharing a computer across different shifts. When a new computer is installed, I log in as the first shift user and customize the desktop with shortcuts, map drives, configure application data paths, and put shortcuts on the taskbar.

Then I have to repeat the process for the second user, and third user, plus any additional users that might log in.

I'm looking to see if ForensiT has a tool that will copy the profile from the first user to the other users without resetting the first profile.

This is a Windows 2016 Server Domain and the workstation is Windows 10 Pro.

Thank you,

Paul
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 2:57am
You have the option of either using DefProf to create a new default profile, or both the Professional and Corporate Editions of User Profile Wizard can make a copy of a profile.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic