ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question about AD migration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diwiton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about AD migration
    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 2:59am
Hi,

I was planning to use ADMT to migrate from old AD (2012 R2) to new AD (2019) for a customer. But after reading that the current version 3.2 is not yet updated for Windows 10 and people get errors when moving computers I found this solution.

However, am I correct that this software does not move users from old AD to new AD and assumes that the new user I specified just exist in the new AD.

Will there be any problem if I move users with ADMT to new AD and then move the user profiles with this tool?
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 7:58am
User Profile Wizard is a workstation migration tool, it is not an Active Directory migration tool. It is designed to move workstations into a new domain and to configure the users’ profiles so that they work seamlessly with the users’ new domain accounts. To this end it can create new computer objects in the new domain, but it does not move user accounts, groups or other Active Directory objects like printers, in the way that ADMT can.

User Profile Wizard is frequently used with ADMT. There are no problems.
Diwiton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diwiton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 10:22am
Thank you for that clarification! :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic