ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Outlook

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outlook
    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 2:47pm
I used the ProfWiz tool to migrate off an old domain user name to a non-domain name on a personal computer. I have everything working fine except Outlook, which is giving me several errors.

"Cannot start Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. You must connect to MS Exchange with the current profile before you can synchronize your folders with your Outlook data file (.ost)."

"Something went wrong. Your computer's Trusted Platform Module has malfunctioned. Error code 80090016. Keyset does not exist"

I've tried all kinds of things with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.
Lori
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2020 at 5:01am
If you have authentication problems in Office 365, forget about trying to sign-in to individual Office Apps like Outlook, and go straight to Settings->Accounts->Email & Accounts, then under the section “Accounts Used by Other Apps”, click “Add a work or school account” and add your Office 365 sign-in account. This should work without any errors. Once you have done that, you should be connected in Outlook, Excel, etc. automatically.
Lori View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2020 at 8:06am
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, Outlook won't even start so I can't get to the Settings area. Other Office programs work fine - Excel, Word, etc.

I had three emails merged into Outlook before migration - home, work and gmail. I can get to my home account via the web. Obviously, gmail on the google site. Can't get to work email any way on desktop.

I can get Mail to work on my desktop but I don't like it at all.

Edited by Lori - 15 Jun 2020 at 8:39am
Lori
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic