ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Offline option changed after migration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zmad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Offline option changed after migration
    Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 10:48am

Hi,

We currently have users not using offline files option, and our ‘My Documents’ is mapped on a network drive as ‘F:\MyFiles”.

When we join the PC to the domain, and migrate the user profile with profwiz.exe (Migrate.exe), everything is OK. But after the migration users are having a Synchronisation error and the offline option is enabled!!!! Any ideas?

I enable the RemoveAdmins parameter in profwiz.config as follow:

<RemoveAdmins>True</RemoveAdmins>

This seems to fix the problem, I mean before and after the migration the offline option is always in the same state (disabled). Could this be a good workaround to our problem? Thanks

Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 2:04pm
Hi,

This issue isn't down to User Profile Wizard. The Wizard doesn't make any changes of this kind at all. You should check the configuration of your network shares along with any Group Policies that are implemented on the domain.

It is worth saying that if you are using folder redirection the Wizard does alter folder redirection in any way. So if "My Documents" is redirected to a network share before the migration, it is still redirected to that same share afterwards. This may of course cause some problems in terms of access permissions.

zmad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zmad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 8:51am

Hi,

Our original image has the Offline file option disabled. We do not have any group policy that plays with those settings! But for an unknown reason when the PC is joined to the domain (with Profwiz) and restarts immediately, there is an error message for failed synchronization files! May be something related to windows and Active Directory!!

To fix this problem, we can create a group policy that can do the fix just before the restart of the PC.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic