ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Desktop Management
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Migration SSL certificate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dje-dje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Migration SSL certificate
    Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 5:09am
Hi,

I tried profile wizard recently and found it very useful.
However i went through quite a big problem for me: user SSL certificate.

Let me explain: after login with the Domain account, the SSL certificate of the local user are present in IE certificate but with a yallow exclamation point saying the certificate can't be validated.
In fact, access to SSL website using certificates is impossible.
I solved the problem by deleting certificates and reinstalling them from a backup.

Here are the questions:
- Why certificate are not valuable once profwiz used? Did i make a mistake will using the software?Or is this a feature not existing yet?
- If the certificate are not part of the profile managed by profile wizard is this possible to implement something in future version saying "Guy, there are certificate you should backup before lauching the process"

I use a 2.5.0.0 version that a friend of mine was using

Thanks and regards
Dje-dje
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 6:33am

Hi,

User Profile Wizard cannot migrate security related items, like SSL certificates, because Windows encrypts these with the user's credentials. When the credentials change, the certificates cannot be decrypted and so are unavailable.

Having a warning about the presence of certificates sounds like a good idea. It is certainly something we will look into.

dje-dje View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dje-dje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 2:34am
Thank for the answer!

Waiting for the version including warnings, I will try to be more vigilant ;-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic