ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NoReboot option

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zmad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NoReboot option
    Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 1:38pm
Hi,
I am trying to not reboot the PC after the migration ... but it seems that this option is not working!!! I miss something??
<NoReboot>True</NoReboot>
I am using ForensiT User Profile Wizard v3.0.1133a.
Thank you.
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 2:07pm
Hi,

Are you running from a script?
zmad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zmad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 6:51pm
Hi,
I am running the migrate.exe (not the script)!
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 2:27am
Hi,

Migrate.exe is a wrapper around the migrate.vbs script generated by the Deployment Kit. The script includes code to prompt the user to reboot, so you need to edit the migrate.vbs script and then recreate the migrate.exe file.

Edit the original migrate.vbs script (in the "Deployment Files" folder) with notepad. In the script you will see a line that says:

'Completion message - code in this section can be deleted

delete the code between the two lines of stars (*********)

Save the script and then recreate the migrate.exe file. To do this start the Deployment Kit and drag and drop the migrate.vbs script onto the Deployment Kit window. The executable file will be created in the same folder as the script and have the same name.
zmad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zmad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 9:52am

Hi,

I removed the following portion of my migrate.vbs and then re-create migrate.exe. It seems that the migration is not working and the log file is not created!!!

Dim strMessage, Icon
strMessage=""

If intSuccess<>0 Then
 Icon=vbExclamation

strMessage=strMessage & "The migration failed. See Log file."
 MsgBox strMessage, Icon, "User Profile Migration Script"
End If

If blnReboot=true Then
 PromptForReboot
End If

AND IF I remove only the following 3 lines, I am unable to create the migrate.exe (error 2)

If blnReboot=true Then
 PromptForReboot
End If

The idea behind not to reboot the PC is to be able to have enough time to copy the log file onto the network and check the status of thy migration of the users (I copy the content of the log file to %UserName%.log before the copy!!!

Thank you for your help.

zmad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zmad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 9:53am

Hi,

I removed the following portion of my migrate.vbs and then re-create migrate.exe. It seems that the migration is not working and the log file is not created!!!

Dim strMessage, Icon
strMessage=""

If intSuccess<>0 Then
 Icon=vbExclamation

strMessage=strMessage & "The migration failed. See Log file."
 MsgBox strMessage, Icon, "User Profile Migration Script"
End If

If blnReboot=true Then
 PromptForReboot
End If

AND IF I remove only the following 3 lines, I am unable to create the migrate.exe (error 2)

If blnReboot=true Then
 PromptForReboot
End If

The idea behind not to reboot the PC is to be able to have enough time to copy the log file onto the network and check the status of thy migration of the users (I copy the content of the log file to %UserName%.log before the copy!!!

Thank you for your help.

zmad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zmad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 10:08am
Hi,
It semms that the Migrate.exe is not working (can't launch it)
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 11:49am
Hi,

The content of the script is irrelevant as regards to whether a .exe file is created or not.

Error 2 is "file not found." Save the modified script locally, then open up the Deployment Kit and drag and drop the script onto it.

You say that the idea behind not rebooting the PC is to be able to have enough time to copy the log file onto the network. I assume you are doing this externally yourself. You can have the migration script do this for you.

Edited by Support - 04 Jan 2010 at 11:49am
zmad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zmad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 11:58am
Hi,
Thanks for the answer! how can I do it in the script file? can you help me please! knowing that I use migrate.exe for the migration!
Cheers

Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 2:28pm
Remember that migrate.exe is just a wrapper around the migrate.vbs file. It is there to make deployment of the migrate.vbs file easier - that's all.

You will need to create a new migration .vbs script using the Deployment Kit. Make sure that you check "Run from Network Share" at Step 8. Specify the network log file path at step 9. Please see the User Guide for more details.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic